Taste buds at the ready: Friday October 5th 2012 marks the start of a three-day event, A Taste of Solihull, in Mell Square – the second annual celebration for lovers of great food and drink organised by the town’s Business Improvement District.
Building on last year’s Dining Week, this year’s event is set to be even bigger and better, with a weekend of events spicing up the town with live music and entertainment, as well as opening eyes and palettes to a world of flavours in the live show kitchen.
The popular special offers and menus from the town’s coffee houses, bars and restaurants – which last year encouraged thousands of visitors into Solihull – are back and this year many will be valid all the way to the end of October and some to the end of the year!
There will also be:
- Three specialty food and farmers markets on offer with the tempting smells of freshly-baked treats from around the world; together with earth-fresh produce, straight from local suppliers on Solihull’s doorstep
- Laithwaites will be offering an expert tasting session on a selection of fine French wines
- Many of the chefs from Solihull’s best-loved restaurants, including Giraffe, the Delhi Restaurant, Wagamamas and Metro Bar and Grill, will be taking to the stage in the demo-kitchen in Mell Square to showcase their talents
- A diverse programme of entertainment across the weekend to complement the cuisine including the infectious beat of Bollywood, street dance, a string quartet from Birmingham Conservatoire and talented local pupils from award-winning Starstruck Theatre School and Learning Curves School of Dance
- Plenty of family entertainment for those with little ones to amuse
Plus: there will be a performance on Sunday, in Mell Square, by the fabulous ‘People’s Tenor’ John Innes, an adopted Silhillian, straight from the release of an award-winning documentary telling the incredible tale of how, after over 30 years of busking, he put his life’s savings into funding his own debut album and even a UK-wide tour and now packs out concert halls and sings alongside the likes of Katherine Jenkins.
40,000 Taste of Solihull booklets, packed with special offers, are being distributed across the borough during September and vouchers will also be available to download from visitsolihull.com.