Election candidate Damian Goryszewski explains a little about himself and why he’s standing for election.
I am 38 and married (Wife – Alicia Goryszewski), Children – 1 (Son – Victor Goryszewski).
I am standing as an Independent local resident.
I studied Electronic & Technology High School and Silesian Polytechnic – Gliwice, Poland and at Solihull College – Advanced English and Spanish courses.
I have held many jobs in the electronic, IT and media industry, travelling Europe and the UK. I have been a business owner and worked for large corporations. Since October 2006 I have been working for Solihull College as successful Online Exams Administrator and carrying on small business fixing computers; network issues. Volunteer in assisting home buyers with negotiations and assessments related to their properties.
I was also Governor of Students Accommodation during High School and University; Chairman and Treasury President of Electronic & Technology High School Students Association.
My family is my driving force. Keeps me going and helping enhance future prospects.
There is always a solution to change impossible into possible. You just need right people in the same place at the same time looking together in the same direction.
I used to live in several places but finally in Dickens Heath I feel like at home. Conveniently located great place with fantastic people. A few things can and need to be done and I believe the best time for Dickens Heath Village is still ahead.”
Key points I am willing to concentrate on if elected:
- to encourage and bring more businesses and investors to the Village (unfinished investments, unoccupied office space/retail units) but protect the Village from overdevelopment in line with Green Belt and Village residents’ concerns,
- to improve the Dickens Heath Village look and charm, add some character to our roundabouts which are orientation points for any visitors coming to the Village,
- to improve road markings/signage to help drivers in navigating through the Village,
- to monitor and improve drivers, pedestrians, children safety ( by monitoring cleanness of roads and pavements, canal paths),
- solve any ongoing issues and residents’ problems.