Solihull’s brand new Comedy Festival, LOLIHULL,has announced activities for children during Easter including a Comedy Club for kids, stand-up workshops, storytelling, Jester academy and magic shows. Plus a chance to be a mascot for Birmingham City!
Places now available to reserve for the following:
Tuesday April 9th
- Day time fun at Solihull Arts Complex Theatre with COMEDY CLUB4KIDS This show aims to bring an authentic comedy club experience for children without any rude or naughty bits! For children aged 6-11 performance starts at 2.30pm. To book tickets call 0121 704 6962 or visit www.solihullartscomplex.co.uk
- Visit Giraffe in Touchwood for an hour of lunchtime fun with a Comedy Magic Show, to book call 0121 704 3355
- The fun moves to the High Street at Waterstones with the Interactive Story Time, between 1.00-2.00pm. No tickets are required for this event.
Thursday April 11th – Saturday April 13th
- Three Days of Free Fun and Games in the Nando’s Laughter Tent in Mell Square featuring Jolly Jester Jingles, the Jester Academy, Captain Calamity, Comedy Workshops and Face Painting.
Thursday April 11th
- The Jester Academy comes to the Solihull Arts Complex Studio with two hour, drop-off Circus, Magic and Performance Workshops for children over 5. There is one session starting at 10.00 and another at 14.00. To book tickets call 0121 704 6962 or visit www.solihullartscomplex.co.uk
Friday April 12th
- There will be a storytelling and magic show at Giraffe from 10.00-11.00. No tickets are required but please book via 0121 704 3355
Saturday April 13th
- THE Solihull Poetry Slam Special is a live stand up poetry competition, judged by the audience who also run a fun Quick, Quirky Quiz with lots of prizes for both individuals and teams. Starts 7.45pm – for children aged 12+. For tickets call 0121 704 6962 or visit www.solihullartscomplex.co.uk
- John Lewis hosts a storytelling session bringing the books of Julia Donaldson to life between 11:00-12:00. Enjoy a family fun story telling session at John Lewis. No tickets are required for this event.
Blues mascot competition
Youngsters can enter a competition to win a day as the mascot for Birmingham City Football Club. All they need to do is write a joke out on a card and take it to the Nando’s Laughter Tent. If they make Nando’s laugh and receive a free Chortle food voucher for Nando’s restaurants they can also win the chance to be a Blues Mascot by posting their joke into the Chortle post box. The winner will be drawn at random on Saturday April 13th.
Check out www.solihullfestivals.com for full details of all performances and how to book.
For more ideas of things to do with the kids during Easter across the West Midlands, Click here.