- This topic is empty.
December 21, 2020 at 11:00 pm #116819Carolyn ThomasGuest
Jefferson’s Declaration of Independence
by Garry Wills
- Awards: National Book Critics Circle Award for General Nonfiction (1978), Merle Curti Award (1979), National Book Award Finalist for History (1979), Fraunces Tavern Museum Book Award (1978)
- ISBN: 9780618257768 (0618257764)
- Genres: history, politics, philosophy, american, presidents
- Release date: November 14, 2002
- Author: Garry Wills
- Language: english
- Publisher: Mariner Books
- Format: paperback, 432 pages
About The Book
From one of America’s foremost historians, Inventing America compares Thomas Jefferson’s original draft of the Declaration of Independence with the final, accepted version, thereby challenging many long-cherished assumptions about both the man and the document. Although Jefferson has long been idealized as a champion of individual rights, Wills argues that in fact his vision was one in which interdependence, not self-interest, lay at the foundation of society.
Hardback book Inventing America download on Powells. FB2 Inventing America Garry Wills Android. FictionBook ebook Inventing America buy for iPhone on Books-a-Million. Paperback book Inventing America by Garry Wills read online. PDF ebook Inventing America by Garry Wills download on iOS on IndieBound.